Friday, June 18, 2010

ah-choo

Working at a desk all day is adversely affecting my posture, I think. And staring at a computer screen for eight hours certainly isn't doing my eyesight any favors.

I think yoga would help me feel better, but there's not a sufficiently large, flat floor surface in the house in which I'm currently living.

Speaking of the house I live in: it has a dog. I mean, the house doesn't have a dog. The owner of the house has a dog. I live there with her and her dog.

Anyway, my whole life I told people I was allergic to dogs and cats. My grandmother has dogs and a cat, and she always had to vacuum all the carpets and furniture and lock up the animals before we visited, or else I'd wallow in a sneezing, itchy-eyed state of misery for the duration of our stay.

But I never reacted to my aunt's Yorkies or her Pomeranian. And I didn't react to a high school boyfriend's Sheltie mix. I just put two and two together in the last couple of months and realized I'm only allergic to cats!

To be honest, it was a little jarring to find that something I'd always believed to be true of myself was actually not true at all. Here's to self-discovery and non-allergies!

1 comment:

  1. So you have been living a lie all these years. You definitely need to do some yoga to release some of that built-up negative Karma. ;)

    ReplyDelete