Wednesday, November 17, 2010

DIY decoupage vases

A few posts back, I made mention of a literary theme to our wedding decor. There is a perfectly good explanation, and it's this: the library at Michael's university regularly cleans out its archives and puts dusty, old, crumbly books out on shelves in the lobby for anyone to take. Every time I visit him, I stop by the library to haul a stack of free books to my car.

They will be used in many ways -- probably even some ways I haven't thought up yet. But today I'll share one use for these tattered tomes.


I've been collecting smallish, cheap-o glass vases like these from garage sales and thrift stores...



... and decoupaging them with torn up pages.




Simple, cute, and cost-effective, but like many of my other wedding decorations, time-consuming, since I'm making enough for 20 tables. Only elect to do this if you're long on time or short on guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment