Saturday, November 13, 2010

pretty things!

Wedding blogs are a blessing and a curse. They're a great source of inspiration, but every time I read, my list of DIY decoration projects gets a little longer.

I saw these pictures online a few weeks ago...



And decided I had to have them. Which led to some new estate sale purchases, and a new mission every time I hit the thrift stores:



I'm a little torn over whether or not to paint such pretty frames. I think they would look awesome painted bright colors to match the rest of the decor like this one...


...but I'd also kinda like to use them in our home after the wedding. At the very least, I plan to find paper related to the color scheme to put under the glass.

I have a few possible uses in mind:

1) As bases for groupings of pillar candles.
2) As a tray for the ink pads that will go with our guestbook thumbprint tree.
3) A place to stash bags of birdseed or bubbles (if we use those for our exit...)
4) Dessert trays

I'm open to suggestions, of course. Any other ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Paint those puppies some bright colors! You can always paint them later! Spray paint is your friend!

    ReplyDelete